The Professional Association for the Environment «Eco-union», with the collaboration of many public and private entities, organises the 2nd Global Eco-Forum: The Transition towards Sustainability, an international event to reflect, discuss and generate new ideas for a more sustainable and responsible society. Monday – 26 October 2009, Torre Agbar (Barcelona) Tuesday – 27 October 2009, Espai Bonnemaison (Barcelona) 30 days of virtual networking and two days of face to face forum to generate and implement green strategies for a more sustainable and responsible society. Sustainability is the main challenge for our society in the 21st century in order to guarantee the well being of present and future generations, in economic, social and environmental terms. It is necessary to (re)establish a sense of responsibility in all of our everyday professional and personal activities to transform the negative impacts into positive and sustainable outputs.
During this event, internationally known experts from various sectors (private, public and civil) and countries will present their visions for a more sustainable and responsible world. They will be accompanied by practical cases, areas of debate, social networking and workshops to convert utopian ideas into reality.
– To inspire and generate eco-innovation in the civil, private and public sectors.
– To develop a network of contacts (eco-networking) to foster positive collaboration.
– To accelerate the implementation of responsible and sustainable action.
– Conferences and debates with international, national and local speakers. (Simultaneous translation -English/Spanish- arranged for all presentations at the main conference room.)
– E-learning – Thematic Workshops. – Eco-networking – Virtual meeting. – Performances – artistic communication